Friday, April 6, 2012

Welcome!

Hello Friends!

I've recently made the decision to start a new website, hence the new look and new home address.  (www.nikkibaltusis.com?  It's organization, not narcissism...I promise!)

Welcome!  It's still a little dusty around here with trying to get everything set up and functional.  I can't promise the look will stay the same...I'm a woman, I change my clothes at least 3 times a day so why would my website be any different?  ;)

With the success of my company (PaintHope.com) and other upcoming endeavors, I realized that I wanted to have a "hub" of sorts to house all my social media.  This website will give friends, fans, and strangers a place to get to know me.  I have lots of fun dreams for this site and I'm looking forward to giving you some great DIY tips, sharing some funny anecdotes and anything on the web that strikes my fancy.

For my very first post I wanted to introduce you to the brand new Pepsi Next.

Ta-Da!



I'm not sure if you've tried this yet, but man oh man is it good.  At 60 calories and 15 g of sugar per can, it's shaping up to be a regular in the Baltusis household.  I enjoy a good diet soda every now and then, but I can't drink it without thinking about the nasty fake sugars I'm putting in my body.  When I drink this one, I know I'm drinking real sugar, but a lot less of it and it still tastes like Pepsi.  (There is still a small amount of aspartame in it though but much less than regular diet sodas.)  I'm a Coke lover, but I might have to switch to Pepsi because of this!


Easter is always such a sobering holiday for me.  Being a Christian, this is kind of a big deal for me.  I've probably already watched 5 or 6 youtube videos for the Passion of the Christ and I've definitely spent most of my morning in tears of gratitude.  Here's my favorite this year:




In celebration of the holiday, we got together with some of our closest family friends and decorated eggs.  We attempted this really cool idea to use Kool-Aid to dye the eggs that I found on Pinterest, but the two colors we used were Lemonade and Grape and the dye ended up "flaking" off.  I'm not sure if we did it right though so feel free to have a go at it yourself!  Here are a few phone photos from our adventures last night.








We had a blast.  We used some hard-boiled eggs and most we ended up "blowing out."  Have you ever blown eggs?  It's such an odd thing, but it's so fun when lil' ones are around.  :)  See a tutorial here.  We just used a plain old paperclip to poke holes and make them big enough to blow everything out of.  It was so fun to relive that part of my childhood again.  :)

Alright folks.  That's it for post 1.  Happy Easter to you all (if you celebrate) and have a safe and wonderful weekend!

Best,
~Nikki

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise