Tuesday, September 25, 2012

He Will Carry Me

I just wanted to take a minute to say THANK YOU to everyone who has called, texted, messaged, prayed, and generally sent good love our way. This has not been an easy journey. (But then again, when are they ever?) But with all your prayers and love, we've been managing to trudge through. I have felt your prayers. Literally. Yesterday was the first day in almost 3.5 weeks that I was virtually pain free. That is a miracle, you guys.

God is good. That's the one thing I can trust in all of this. The Bible says that He catches all our teardrops. (Psalm 56:8-11) He hasn't forgotten about me. While there are times I feel so abandoned by Him, there are other times when I am reminded of the sweet, simple truth that He will never leave me or forsake me. (Deuteronomy 31:6)

This weekend my incredible father-in-law (Papa B) shared with us what He has been studying in the Bible lately. He was sharing how in the Bible in numerous translations, it doesn't necessarily say to have faith in Jesus, but rather to have His faith. Jesus was a man. He knew what He was called to do...and out of obedience and great faith, He did it. He lived it out. I love it. I love that we can not only have faith in Him, but we can have His faith. Could you imagine if we tapped into that faith...what we could do? Who we could be? What we could become? The impossible wouldn't seem so desolate. It would be easier to have joy in the midst of extreme pain.

Such a simple idea, but profound results.

A quick update about where we are at with this health journey:

*I found out that I need to be very careful about bending, physical activity/exertion, and even sleeping on the side where the tumor is. Apparently it has the potential of rupturing at this point. While I claim that it will not rupture, I plan to obey doctor's orders. *You can be praying a specific cover of protection over me for this.*

*I'm in the process of applying for a health insurance premium. Some generous folks have come alongside us to help get that going which we are so thankful for. I found out there's a chance BCBS of Florida will approve me, even with this condition. If they approve me, I would be covered immediately. No waiting period. The application will go through an underwriting process for the next week or two. *Please pray that I am approved!!*

*I have scheduled a doctor's appointment for 10/10 with a new doctor at the office that was caring for me last year before I lost my health insurance. They have agreed to see me for an upfront fee, and then they will bill me for anything additional. This appointment is in 2 weeks. I'm hoping that the timing of the health insurance approval (in Jesus' name!!!) will come in time for this appointment. Then I would only be responsible for a small copay. (Which would be awesome!)

So there you have it. I just have to get through the next two weeks. But I know with all your love, prayers, and sweet thoughts I will get through the next two weeks with joy, peace, and many more pain-free days!

I'm going to leave you with a mental picture/poem that's been encouraging me the last few days. I'm so thankful that He's carrying me. <3




xoxo,
~N


Here's the song I can't get out of my head...






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise